1. All decisions made by the executive tournament committee are binding.
2. All fish will be weighed at EI Wildlife Ramp, 6800 Emerald Drive, Emerald Isle, NC.
3. Scales will open at 1:00 pm Saturday, September 21, 2019.
4. Fish to be weighed must pass the check-in boat located at the first no-wake buoy off the point of Archer’s Creek by 4:00 pm. It is the entry’s responsibility to ensure their boat number is acknowledged and the time recorded for weigh-in purposes by the check-in boat.
5. King mackerel must be 26 inches minimum fork length, and Spanish must be 12 inches minimum fork length.
6. Weigh-in procedures will be discussed at the captain’s meeting.
7. In the event that more than one fish of the same weight are brought in, the fish with the earliest time recorded by the check-in boat will be the winner.
8. All fish weighed in become the property of the tournament.
9. Tournament is captain’s choice.
10. Fish must be weighed in from the boat in which they are caught, arriving under its own power.
11. Only one (1) primary prize per boat. Only one (1) primary prize or secondary prize per fish.
12. Prizes are based on weight of the fish, not length.
13. Fish subject to review by the executive tournament committee.
14. Fish must be caught by rod & reel, maximum of 6 lines in the water. Fish may not be caught on electric reels or hand lines. Down riggers and Kites are to be used as accessory only.
15. Fish brought to weigh-in must not be mutilated, cut, speared, etc. The only marks acceptable are gaff holes. All hooks must be removed.
16. Boats in tournament are limited to fishing boundaries west of 76 30 00 and east of 77 40 00.
17. All official times will be determined based on the GPS time.
18. All complaints must be submitted in writing to the weigh master within 1 hour after the last fish has been weighed on Saturday, September 21, 2019 with a $200 cash deposit. If the protest is not upheld, the deposit becomes property of the tournament.
19. It is the captain’s obligation to make sure all participants follow USCG, NCDMF, NCWRC, state and federal regulations.
20. A boat may not be replaced after 9 pm on Friday, September 20, 2019.
21. No entries will be accepted after 9 pm on Friday, September 20, 2019.
22. All participants entering are subject to a polygraph exam.
23. Boat numbers must be displayed at the weigh station.
24. Any boats seen congregating during competition time may be disqualified.
25. Any boat violating tournament rules will be disqualified for the entire tournament.
26. The executive tournament committee will place a boat or angler where they will receive the largest prize.
27. One member of each boat MUST accompany any fish to be weighed in.
28. Boats will not be allowed to tie up at weigh area.
29. All boats should be represented at captain’s meeting.
30. All activities will take place at EI Wildlife Boat Ramp, 6800 Emerald Drive, Emerald Isle , NC.
31. Primary king prizes are based on 50 boat entries and primary Spanish prizes are based on 25 entries. Final prize amounts will be adjusted based on the number of entries.
32. In the event the tournament is canceled and not rescheduled by the executive tournament committee in 2019, all entry fees, less 10%, will be refunded within 45 days. The tournament will announce via social media by 7:00 pm Thursday, September 19, 2019 if weather or other issues lead to a cancelation or other schedule changes.
33. Juniors are defined as 16 years of age or younger. Participants must accompany fish to the scales and identify themselves as a junior at weigh-in.
34. Lady must accompany fish to the scales and identify themselves as lady participant at weigh-in.
35. Seniors are defined as 60 years of age or older. Participants must accompany fish to the scales and identify themselves as senior participant at weigh-in.
36. No checkout is required. No lines in the water before 7:00 am Saturday, September 21, 2019.
37. All secondary prizes are based upon the largest king caught by each qualified entry.
38. All sponsors and executive committee members are eligible to participate in the event.
39. King mackerel are eligible to win secondary prize places only if they have been designated at weigh-in as by a JUNIOR, LADY or SENIOR. In addition JUNIOR, LADY or SENIOR may weigh in and designate fish (other than those weighed in for primary prizes) to be considered for one of those categories, and they MUST give their name.
40. For a fish to be considered for the JUNIOR, LADY or SENIOR prize, the qualifying crew member who participated in the process of catching the fish MUST accompany the fish to the weigh station. They MUST inform the weigh master that the fish is eligible to be considered for one of those categories, and they MUST give their name.
41. Spanish mackerel prizes are guaranteed and will be increased accordingly if applicable.
42. No boat may make landfall during tournament hours without the prior approval of the executive committee.
43. Executive tournament committee will monitor VHF channel 72 and will be available by phone at a telephone # to be provided at the captains meeting.
44. Executive tournament committee reserves the right to refuse an entry into the tournament.
45. A signed sworn affidavit will be required of each individual who places a fish in competition for tournament prizes. Once affidavit is signed, the weight presented on the form is final. All protests shall be made prior to signing the form if the individual does not agree to the weight at that time.
46. The tournament reserves the right to photograph any and all activities and to use those photographs for publicity on various media.
Please note that the committee reserves the full authority to make a rule change when it is in the best interest of the tournament.