1. All decisions made by the executive tournament committee are binding.
2. Eligible species are spanish mackerel, bluefish and speckled trout.
3. All fish will be weighed at EI Wildlife Ramp 6800 Emerald Drive, Emerald Isle, NC.
4. Scales will open at 1:00 pm Saturday, September 21, 2019.
5. Entries must be in line to weigh and be recognized by executive tournament committee no later than 4:00 pm Saturday, September 21, 2019.
6. Spanish mackerel must be 12 inches minimum FL, bluefish must be 12 inches minimum TL, and speckled trout must be 16 inches minimum TL.
7. Weigh-in procedures will be discussed at the captain’s meeting.
8. In the event more than one fish of the same weight are brought in, the fish entered first will be the winner.
9. All fish weighed in become the property of the tournament.
10. Tournament is captain’s choice.
11. Fish in the Surf Division may be transported by auto to the scales.
12. Only one (1) primary prize per entry.
13. Prizes are based on weight of the fish, not length.
14. Fish are subject to review by the executive tournament committee.
15. Fish must be caught by rod & reel.
16. Fish brought to weigh-in must not be mutilated, cut, speared, etc. The only marks acceptable are gaff holes. All hooks must be removed.
17. Surf entries in tournament are limited to Bogue Banks (Emerald Isle to Fort Macon) shore only. NO BOATS ALLOWED.
18. All official times will be determined based on the GPS time.
19. All complaints must be submitted in writing to the weigh master within 1 hour of the last fish being weighed in on September 21, 2019 with a $200 cash deposit. If the protest is not upheld, the deposit becomes property of the tournament.
20. It is the angler’s obligation to follow USCG, NCDMF, town, state and federal regulations.
21. No entries will be accepted after 9:00 pm on Friday, September 20, 2019.
22. All participants entering are subject to a polygraph exam.
23. Entry numbers must be displayed at the weigh station.
24. Any angler violating tournament rules will be disqualified for the entire tournament
25. Angler MUST accompany any fish to be weighed in.
26. Tournament recommends all anglers be represented at captain’s meeting.
27. All activities will take place at EI Wildlife Ramp 6800 Emerald Drive, Emerald Isle, NC.
28. Surf Division prizes are guaranteed.
29. No checkout is required: No lines in the water before 7:00 am Saturday, September 21, 2019.
30. All sponsors and committee members are eligible to participate in the event.
31. In the event the tournament is canceled and not rescheduled by the executive tournament committee in 2019, all entry fees, less 10%, will be refunded within 45 days. The tournament will announce via social media by 7:00pm Thursday, September 19, 2019 if weather or other issues lead to a cancellation or other schedule changes.
32. Executive tournament committee will monitor VHF channel 72 and will be available by phone at a telephone# to be provided at the captains meeting.
33. Executive tournament committee reserves the right to refuse an entry into the tournament.
34. A signed sworn affidavit will be required of each individual who places a fish in competition for tournament prizes. Once affidavit is signed the weight presented on the form is final. All protest shall be made prior to signing the form if the individual does not agree to the weight at that time.
35. The tournament reserves the right to photograph any and all activities and to use those photographs for publicity on various media.
Revision 6 Dated…9-13-2019